We are looking for a Junior Accountant to join our finance team. This position would suit Graduates or persons in the early stages of their career that are looking to further their experience and professional development while at the same time having some adventure abroad.
As this position is based overseas, accommodation, expatriation/repatriation and transportation are provided in addition to the salary.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Receive and record invoices and arrange payment
- Prepare and send invoices to debtors
- Calculate and distribute wages and salaries
- Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities
- Prepare financial statements and debtors' listings
- Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management
- Prepare reconciliations of accounts
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and journals;
posts debits and credits;
records weekly receiptsand balances with computer printout;
examines and records financial transactions;
charges to proper departmental accounts
- Prepares requisitions and general vouchers
- Maintains statistical records and prepares periodic reports
- Answers the telephone;
takes and relays messages and responds to inquiries from the general public
- May maintain inventory of department's office supplies and be responsible for researching and requesting bids for purchasing
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in accounts and administration is preferred but Graduates will be considered also
- Good accounting knowledge.
- Familiarity with Accounting Software although in house training will be provided.
- An intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail but also able to take a big picture view and to have the drive to learn about the company
- Excellent English verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills and an ability to think independently
- A confident, proactive approach and a positive working style
- Warm in character, ability to get things done and influence the business to continue improving and developing